Monday, July 18, 2011

Inauguration Day!

Today it is great to be a Denvercrat. We are inaugurating our new Democrat Mayor, Michael Hancock, who is replacing our former Democrat Mayor John Hickenlooper, who recently became the new Democrat Governor of Colorado. I guess I've been too hard on Colorado. There are many conservatives here, but I should really stop trying to throw a pity party for us liberals. We are fairly well represented.  

I voted in the election and the subsequent runoff for Democrat Chris Romer, but honestly if you count the number of times I've already used the word "Democrat" in this post, how could I be anything but excited for our current situation?

Today's Events:
11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Municipal Swearing In Ceremony at Buell Theatre
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Mayor's Community Concert at the Denver Botanic Gardens
9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. DYD Inauguration After Party at 3014

I'll be at the concert and after party. Let's take a moment to enjoy this time...before we have to start hitting the pavement for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment